Friday, October 2, 2009

Herb garden

Since I am now officially a stay at home mom, I wanted to have a few hobbies. There are some things I have wanted to do but never really had the time. Having an herb garden was one of them. The weekend we moved in, I got these herbs and Russell helped me get started since he is the only one in this house with a green thumb. Until now! Since we planted these herbs, I have done everything and they are still alive and flourishing. I started small with basil, rosemary, and oregano. I plan to get more as soon as I prove to myself I can keep these alive. The winter will be a challenge and I can already tell it will get much cooler here than we are used to. So far, though, these are easy to keep up with. Just water and make sure they get plenty of sun. I am going to try out the basil soon with a mozzarella, basil, and tomato salad. Yum!

No comments:

Blog Archive