Thursday, June 12, 2008

Opening Arguments

On Wednesday we started a DWI trial. My chief (or the no.1 prosecutor) in my court is the lead counsel on this case but I am sitting second chair. It has been very unusual but alot of fun! The case has a blood test of .091 but the defense has already called two experts. I haven't had the opportunity to have a blood or breath test DWI trial nor have I had a trial with experts. So, this has been a huge learning experience.

To get to the point, I got to do the first part of closing arguments today! It's not a huge part but I was excited to finally get my chance to speak to the jury. Unfortunately the judge is gone tomorrow so the jury can't start deliberating until Monday. Anyways, my first scheduled trial (where I will be first chair) should be the week of June 23rd. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Blog Archive