Monday, June 23, 2008

Crawfish dip - as requested by Rachel!

This dip is great. I can't believe I am sharing it. I was the one who got to make it in Victoria but since we aren't there, I guess I won't deprive ya'll of this fabulous food! Just promise to the of LSU football when you make it!

1 bunch green onions
chopped parsley
1 stick butter
2 tbsp flour
1 tall can of pet milk
1 egg yolk beaten
1 pound crawfish tails
1/3 pound hot mexican cheese (velvetta)
salt and pepper

Rinse crawfish tails. Saute onions and parsley in butter. Sprinkle flour and stir. Add milk and stir until thick. Keep stirring and remove from heat. Add yolk (be sure to temper). Return to heat and add crawfish and cheese. Lower the heat and stir for 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Blog Archive