Tuesday, June 10, 2008

First Day

So, yesterday was my first day at the Collin County District Attorney's Office. It went really well. I went to the District Courthouse so that the DA could swear me in. A photographer came and took pictures. It was really nice. After the swearing in, I went to the County Courthouse were I will be working. I met alot of people but, most importantly, I met my chief and the 2nd prosecutor in my court. They were both great.

I had a few surprises on my first day! Around lunch I was headed back to the office and it began to rain. I had a little gift from the Victoria County District Attorney's Office (no doubt, specifically Bob and Randy). A bunch of little hole punched pieces of paper fell out of my umbrella like little sprinkles of rain. Luckily, my umbrella is huge and I have to open it outside of my car. Guys, seriously, that would not have been good if I opened it inside the office! But, it lightened my mood and I definitely thought of my Victoria friends! (Also, just so ya'll know, the investigator for my court is really nice. He actually reminds me of ya'll - minus the practical jokes!)

My second surprise was from my sweetie. Russell had to go out of town for work but he knew I was a little nervous and stressed about starting a new job. He left two pink roses and a gift card at the house for me. It was so nice and a great end to my first day. Of course, I took a picture - they are so pretty.

3 comments:

Kerry said...

Well Princess,

We anxiously awaited for the day to arrive that a South Texas downpour would occur so that we could hear you squeal from the rainstorm of hole punches that were in your umbrella...but unfortunately it was not to be...instead you received a special "delight" from your old buddies down South on your first day in the big city. Anyways...we miss you. Keep on bloggin'!

Heidi said...

Hey Princess,

Glad to know you thought of the pranksters down here on your first day! Hope all is well.

Have your investigator call Randy and Bob for practical joke tips!

We miss you!

The Trustys said...

Good job big bro! Glad you had a good first day!

Blog Archive