Monday, August 30, 2010

Fun and productive weekend

This weekend, I got the urge to get some things done to prepare for baby. We will be losing a guest bedroom to Baby #2 so I wanted to make space for guests in the basement. I also wanted to basement to be a playroom for Jackson. Basically, I needed to basement to be more functional. So, we reaaranged furniture and came up with some storage ideas. (Poppy will be here on Thursday so we plan to have him implement some of these ideas!) We also bought a freezer. Russell has been wanting a freezer for the garage. We went to Lowe's to look and, lucky us, they were having a huge sale. We got a freezer for 1/2 off. Someone paid regular price for the freezer but returned it when it was delivered with a small dent in the corner. If I paid regular price, I would want a dent-free freezer, too. But, it was a tiny dent and going in our garage so we were super happy to take it. So, on Sunday, we joined Sam's Club. We needed to fill-up our new freezer. We loved Sam's Club and I ended up going back a second time already. We also know the new freezer will come in handy with baby #2. I plan to make meals ahead of time and I will be freezing breastmilk. In all of our productivity, we had a little fun. Jackson LOVES dancing so, here he is in action!

No comments:

Blog Archive