Sunday, March 1, 2009

Monroe Baby Shower

Yesterday, we had a baby shower in Monroe. It was so wonderful to get to see so many people that I have not seen in a while. Thanks so much to Mrs.Kelly, Elizabeth, Jean, Carrie, Marie and Jessica for hosting such a nice baby shower and thanks so much to everyone who drove long distances to share our special day!

Jackson got so many things! His nursery is full and spilling over into the living room. I don't know where we will keep all of his goodies. I have to mention a few very memorable gifts. First, Jackson's Cee (Russell's mom) gave him a picture for his nursery. It has jungle animals and matches his bedding perfectly. The green border is the exact shade of green in the bedding. I have no idea how she found a perfect picture! Also, one of the gifts from Jackson's Mimi (my mom) was a jungle backpack with his name embroidered on it. The backpack matches all of Jackson's precious planet gear. Too cute! I know he will use it for a long time.

There were also some handmade gifts. Mrs. Judy Riley is an amazing seamstress. She sewed Jackson a bonnet with a matching birpcloth, bib and blanket. It is beautiful. Also, my Aunt Mona finished the wreath for the hospital door in time for the shower. It is so cute! It has Jackson's name on the streamers and the jungle animals to match his nursery.

Unfortunately, I am having trouble downloading the pictures and, truth be told, I am just too exhausted to keep messing with the computer! I promise to have pictures posted soon!

No comments:

Blog Archive