Monday, October 6, 2008

Another busy weekend

This weekend has been crazy! It all started last Thursday when my Grandma Barbara came to visit. She got here late on Thursday and Friday morning we had a neighborhood garage sale. I went to work on Friday. I actually had an assault trial that lasted into late Friday afternoon. By the way, I got a well deserved guilty verdict!

Nevertheless, Russell and Grandma were in charge of the garage sale. The garage sale was about more than just getting rid of junk. We had already decided all proceeds would go into the baby savings. Anyways, the garage sale on Friday was a huge success. We got rid of 90% of our stuff.

Friday afternoon, my parents and my brother arrived. My mom, my Aunt Mona, and I hosted a baby shower on Saturday so my mom helped with that Friday afternoon.

Friday night, everyone who was in town went out to dinner and after dinner, my mom and I did a little personal shopping.

On Saturday morning, the garage sale continued and we prepared for the baby shower. Around noon, other family started to trickle over for the 2:00 baby shower. The shower was from 2:00 until 4:00 and it was really fun. My cousin and his wife got lots of great gifts for their baby girl who we found out will be induced the day before my birthday, December 1st.

After the baby shower, I crashed. Between the stressful trial, the two-day garage sale, and hosting the baby shower, I was EXHAUSTED! After my nap, Russell picked up take-out because I was still too tired to go out.

On Sunday, it was back to Texas Stadium for the Cowboys v the Bengals. Fortunately, the Cowboys won this one. We had a great time. Russell insisted on buying me a pink Tony Romo jersey before the game. We went to the Corral Club before the game to eat at Hooters and listen to a really good band. At half-time, we went to the Stadium Club to cool off and get a drink (non-alcoholic for me!) It was another really busy weekend. I will post baby shower pics soon.

No comments: