Sunday, August 17, 2008

It's a beautiful day . . .

So, yesterday morning, I woke up in a great mood because I won my first lead jury trial on Friday. The trial went on for three days which is really long for a DWI.

When I got up, I went outside for a walk and noticed that a cold front blew through on Friday night. There was a nip in the air and the high school marching band was playing in the distance. It really felt like fall (and football season)!

When we were house-hunting, we met two nice ladies who were members of the country club in our neighborhood. They sent an e-mail inviting us to join. So, yesterday we finally went to check it out. Of course, we joined. When Russell saw the golf-course, gym, and social calendar, I new we weren't leaving without a membership. I was not as excited as he was but after talking with the membership director, I think there will be alot of social activities that I will enjoy. Not to mention, they do have yoga classes that I would like to try.

We ended the day with out anniversary dinner. Yes, we are about 10 days late! I think I forgot to update about last weekend. Russell planned a surprise for out anniversary. He reserved a hotel room in Dallas near shopping and restaurants and we were going to shop and have a nice dinner. Well, on Friday, Russell came down with 102 degree fever and had to go to the doctor and get a shot. Nevertheless, we had a relaxing weekend and by Sunday night we were able to cook together.

Our anniversary dinner was a Mama Emilia's, an Italian restaurant in downtown McKinney. We have been wanting to try it out and it was REALLY good. Russell and I have always celebrated events at romantic Italian restaurants. I am glad we found a good one so close to home! Russell said it was just as good as any of the past Italian favs.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. Say a prayer for me because I will probably have to lead another trial this week. Lead is very stressful . . . but very rewarding when you get a guilty!

1 comment:

The Trustys said...

I'm glad ya'll checked out that italian place! We'll have to go next time we are in town. Happy late anniversary!

Blog Archive