Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving break - thus far

So, I finally sit down to post about our trip thus far and my parents home computer is being so slow. Jackson's naps are too short these days and I don't have the patience to wait. So, I will try and post some pics tonight.

Our holiday break started last Wednesday when we headed to Dallas for the Thanksgiving Day football game between the Saints and the Cowboys. It couldn't have been a more exciting game and Jackson couldn't have been a better little boy. He did so well and loved the game. He can say "football" and he loves to cheer. He haves his hand in the air and says "go, go, go!" It is so darn cute. Russell was the only one in the group cheering for the Cowboys but he wasn't too disappointed that they lost. After all, the Saints are his second favorite team. Russell was a super sweet daddy and bought Annabelle a Cowboys outfit and socks and he got Jackson a Coboyws stuffed animal.

Mimi and Poppy had Jackson stay in there room so I got some good rest. I don't think Jackson would have come with us to our room, anyways. He is pretty crazy about his Mimi and Poppy and he just wanted to spend time with them.

We headed to Austin on Friday. The girls in one car and the guys in the other. Friday night, Mimi, Poppy, and Jackson went to dinner and Russell and I went to the Alamo for dinner and a movie. On Saturday, mom and I got to shop and we watched football in the afternoon. We also went to my favorite Mexican restaurant for dinner so I was a happy girl.

Yesterday, Russell had to head back to Lubbock. He has his big annual farm show this week. We were sad for him to go but we know he will be too busy to spend time with us. I think he really enjoys this show so hopefully his drive home wasn't too bad. Yesterday afternoon, Mimi, Poppy, Jackson, Uncle Chris and I all went to see Cirque Dreams Illuminations. I was really worried about how Jackson would act. I planned to spend my afternoon outside the theatre. He did so awesome - again! He sat in Poppy's lap the entire first act. He was pretty mesmerized by the music and lights. The second act, Mimi and Uncle Chris held him. He even clapped for certain parts in the second act. After the show, we went for Jackson's favorite food - ice cream.

This morning, we ran some errands and some how Jackson ended up with some new toys. Like I said, he is napping now. Mimi and I plan to give ourselves a little treat this afternoon. We are going for a new Micropeel treatment that they have here in Austin. I am excited - anything to make me feel better leading up to the dreaded 30th birthday!

So, I will try to post pics tonight. I even took the cutest videos of Jackson and Poppy laughing in the car on the way home from the theatre yesterday. We have lots more planned for the week so I need to post today so I don't have tons to post later!

No comments: