Sunday, October 3, 2010

A "wow" weekend

I must first start off by paying my allegiance to the LSU Tigers, a team who has truly perfected the art of playing as terribly as they possibly can while still pulling out a win. This weekend was an all-time high when they actually lost the game only to win by getting one more play based on the Tenn Vols inability to count to 11. I am not looking forawrd to Florida next week. However, if this luck holds out, who knows?

On Thursday and Friday we celebrated Russell wrapping up another quarter. He is working really hard and we are so proud of him. On Saturday, in addition to the crazy LSU game, we picked up our Baby Girls furniture. I had been looking at the furniture for several weeks. It was $500 off last weekend (which was the best sale price I had seen) so I purchased it. When we picked it up, the salesgirl was super helpful. It's a long story but she ended up getting me an additional 40% off. We were excited and decided to use our major savings to purchase an upholstered rocker. After hours of on-line shopping, I found a rocker and purchased it today. I am super happy about the nursery progress.

Last night, Jackson and I went to pick out a new toy. I had a $10 gift card so I thought it would be a fun way to end the day. He was so much fun at the store and we picked out a Fisher Price red tractor (of course) that pulled a wagon. It has a farmer and cow and makes noises and sings a song. It also has a pig that bobbles up and down as you push the tractor around. Jackson loved it. We didn't get to play long when we got home last night so it was fun to show it to him this morning and see his eyes light up again.

Also, this morning we woke up to some rain and much cooler temps. So, we had to get out Jackson's fall clothes and shoes. Tonight, I took a night off from cooking and we went out to eat some Mexican food. We put Jackson in one of his new outfits and his new tennis shoes. We thought he looked so cute in his tennis shoes. This is the first pair he has worn. He has only worn sandals up to this point. Anyways, we sat outside at the Mexican restaurant and had a wonderful dinner. Jackson loves it outside and he loved eating guacamole. Seems strange for a 1 year old but he was in the best mood and we had a good time playing and waiving at other people.

Hopefully our good luck and fun won't wear off as we start another week!





No comments: