Monday, October 25, 2010

Trip to Monroe





On Friday, Jackson and I flew to Monroe to meet up with Mimi and Aunt Mona. Mom has been wanting me to go with her to Papa Cecil's grave so we finally made the trip. Luckily, Mimi flew to Dallas to meet up with me so I only had to make one flight each way by myself. Traveling at 6 months pregnant with an 18 month old isn't the easiest thing even though Jackson was a perfect angel the entire trip. When we got to Monroe on Friday afternoon, Aunt Mona and her granddaughter picked us up at the airport. We went to the cemetery and meet up with Ms. Willie Mae, a very close family friend. She was so excited to see Jackson. It was so good to see her. After that, we had dinner at the hotel and Grandma Barbara came over to see the babies. Saturday was very busy. Mom, Jackson and I all went to see the Kelly family. We spent the day with them and had the best time. We went to the famous, Johnny's Pizza for lunch and Jackson ate so much pizza. He loved it. Saturday night, we went to the mall. We rented the car strollers and pushed Jackson and Anna around. The really liked that. Jackson saw a carousel in the food court and got really excited. So, of course, Aunt Mona and mom took them for a ride. Sunday morning, we relaxed at the hotel and yesterday afternoon, we flew home. Jackson and I were totally exhausted when we got home. Russell had some surprises for us when we got home. I know he missed us! This morning we had a little family time and Russell took Jackson to school around 10. We are looking forward to a relaxing night of cooking out, watching the Cowboys and spending lots of time with Jackson!

2 comments:

kandik22 said...

Oh my gosh! We were there at the same time and how did I not know this!!

Meryl & Russell McLendon said...

You'll have to give me some pointers on flying solo. Love Jackson's john john with the tools. He's all boy. =)