Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Jackson tinked on the big potty!


Jackson isn't even 15 months old yet and he peed on the big potty. We are so excited. I couldn't stop smiling the whole way home from daycare. I am just so darn impressed. When he moved to Nursery III, I told the teachers we were expecting Baby #2 and it would be helpful if they worked on potty training. They already start potty training in Nursery III but, with Jackson being so young, I didn't want them to hold back. I also learned that Jackson doesn't like the little baby potty. So, I need to get him the baby seat that attaches to the toilet. I am so grateful to the teachers for figuring out Jackson's preferences!

Here is how it happened: At daycare, they have two "baby" potties and a baby seat attached to the big toilet. Two other little boys were on the "baby" potties and Jackson was where he preferred - the big toilet. The teacher said she was talking to the three of them for 4 or 5 minutes when one of the little boys, Valor, tinked. She said, "yeah" and started clapping. She said they all laughed and then Jackson tinked. Jackson likes the applause so maybe he was envious of Valor's praise. Hey, whatever works. We are just so proud!

We are also proud of the artwork Jackson brought home this week. Believe me, more crayon ended up on his clothes than on the paper! Nevertheless, we think it is beautiful. I especially like the "bite" taken out of the corner of the page. He is so artistic!

Blog Archive