Saturday, December 4, 2010

The rest of Thanksgiving

Jackson and I got home yesterday from our Thanksgiving getaway. The week was filled with surprises and only one was not so good. I came down with a virus that left me with a sore throat and a cough. Not fun. Luckily, I went to mom's doctor and today I am finally starting to feel better.

I had the blog updated through Monday.

On Monday afternoon, Ms. Pat stopped by to see Jackson and brought him a choo choo train. He loves it. Mimi also made one of my favs - pot roast.

On Tuesday, we got Jackson's holiday pictures and I went to the doctor. On Tuesday night, we went to Poppy's office Christmas party. Not sure why he wanted us to go but I guess he wanted to show off his handsome little grandson. We had fun. Jackson was so well behaved and the food was really good.

On Wednesday, we were supposed to go to mom's office. Her coworkers are asking why they haven't met Jackson. I just wasn't feeling too great and Jackson and I took a really long nap. Wednesday night we ordered pizza and movies and Uncle Chris came over to see the Boo.

Thursday was my 30th birthday. I wasn't too excited about it but my family made it a great day. Russell sent me flowers and got me a purse I wanted. Mimi and Poppy got me lots of good stuff and, most importantly, a cookie cake - my favorite. Mimi and I went shopping in the afternoon where I found several things I had been wanting. We went out for dinner and I got chicken Parmesan (another fav) and we stopped by one of Mimi's friend's houses after dinner so they could see Jackson. It was a good day.

On Friday morning, Jackson and I flew back to Lubbock. I actually had to be in court Friday afternoon so when I finally got home to unpack, I had two more surprises. I got a gift in the mail from Mimi and Poppy and baby girl's bedding and room accessories arrived. I ordered baby girls stuff back in September so I have been anxiously awaiting it's arrival. I have even had paint swatched sitting on my dresser for months waiting to get going on her room. My really exciting gift - a Timi and Leslie diaper bag. It is fab and huge! It has plenty of room to carry stuff for 2 babies! I picked it out months ago when we found out we were having Baby #2. I told Mimi that is what I wanted for my birthday. We ordered it back in October but the color I wanted was on back order. Anyways, it finally came in. I love it and was so exicted it finally came in. Jessica Alba even has this bag - NOT the reason I ordered it but I am flattered she wants to carry the same bag as me. :)

Jackson and I were pooped from this week and so excited to be reunited with Russell and Maggie. He actually fell asleep at 6:30 last night and didn't wake up until 7:15. Glad he got his rest and it gave Russell and I the chance to cook and enjoy a yummy dinner last night after he went to bed.

I need to wrap this up. Jackson wants me to play with him. He managed to get so much stuff we had to borrow a piece of luggage from Mimi and Poppy to get it all back. I have no idea where we are going to put all these new toys! Enjoy the pics - I still have a video I will try to post later.

No comments:

Blog Archive