Monday, December 6, 2010

It really is a BABY GIRL

I'm pooped! Today was the first weekday Jackson was home with me since finishing daycare. We had a busy schedule. I had a sonogram in the morning and my regular doctor appointment in the afternoon. The sonogram was really exciting. We got some great 3-D pictures of Annabelle's little face. It was amazing to see a picture of a little baby and to know that is our Annabelle. And, I had been a little concerned that the doctor would tell me he made a mistake on gender. Nope, we are still having a baby girl. I even left her baby bedding boxed up in case I had to send it back!

Annabelle currently weighs 3 pounds, 14 ounces which is in the 52nd percentile. She is on target to be a "normal" size baby at around 7 1/2 pounds. We'll see!

This afternoon's visit went well, too. I have been having some pretty bad back pain the last few days which I think is Sciatica. I talked to the doctor about that. Unfortunately, there is not much I can do. She suggested getting a maternity belt and showed me some exercises. However, she wasn't sure how helpful they would be based on the location of my pain. I'm sure the best remedy is bedrest but, with an 18 month old, that isn't going to happen! We go back in two weeks and we have another sonogram in January.

I must give hugs out to my Jackson. He was so well behaved all day. Russell said he had a talk with him about being a good boy for mommy and I guess it worked! Thanks Daddy!

No comments:

Blog Archive