Thursday, September 10, 2009

First adult only trip

Today, Russell and I leave for our first trip since Jackson was born. Russell surprised me with this getaway several weeks ago as a 4 year anniversary trip. He scheduled us to go away for three nights! I definitely have mixed feelings. I am so excited to get away. We are going to Horseshoe Bay which is where we went for our second anniversary. But, I am sad to leave my little guy! I haven't left him for one night much less three! I know he will be well taken care of by Mimi and Poppy but I don't want him to think his Mommy left him. The trip will give me a chance to catch some rays (and some zzzs) and I know it will make me a better mommy to get a little break. I guess all parents go through this. Hopefully I can relax and enjoy the weekend. It helps that we will only be an hour from Austin. We'll see!

No comments:

Blog Archive