Sunday, September 28, 2008

Fun filled weekend

This weekend, Russell and I stayed very busy. I must say I was not looking forward to all of our scheduled activities but I had a surprisingly great time. Friday night, we played in the Drink and Drive golf tournament at the Country Club. Two couples play on each hole. When we signed up, they assigned us with another couple. They were the nicest people. We had such a great time that we are playing with them at the next Drink and Drive tournament in two weeks. As you can tell by the name, Drink and Drive, this tournament is all about having fun. I am not the best golfer but I am doing well at putting. We used two of my putts when we were on the greens. Russell seemed impressed!

On Saturday, McKinney was having Octoberfest downtown. Downtown McKinney has been under construction and it was completed for this festival. They had music, food, games, and shopping. After Octoberfest, Russell and I watched the LSU/Mississippi State game. It was actually close and we were proud of Mississippi State.

On Sunday, we went to the Cowboys game. They lost but it was really fun. They play an easier team at home next week so we are looking forward to that. Also, this was my first home game (except for the preseason game but that doesn't count). We took some pictures. Our baby attended their first Cowboys game at the age of 8 weeks and a few days! Impressive!

1 comment:

The Trustys said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. I'd love to see the new and improved downtown McKinney! Hope you are feeling well!