Friday, July 11, 2008

A week of trials!

This week has been a crazy work week for Russ and I! Russell flew to Iowa on Monday. He has been working on presentations for work and it was finally time to present to a group - several groups actually. He had three presentations on Tuesday and four on Wednesday. He was supposed to fly home today but surprised me and flew in last night. I am so proud of him!

As for me, I literally had a week of trials. I had two DWI trials and a BMV (burglary of a motor vehicle). The first did not go our way but fortunately things picked up the rest of the week! It was actually one of the most fun work weeks I have ever had! The first trial (the loser), I actually was helping out another court that had only one prosecutor. The second two trials were in my court, Court 3. One great thing about Collin County is that we try cases with two prosecutors instead of one. That always makes trials more fun.

I had such a great week that I decided to commit myself to Court 2 for a trial next Monday. Then my chief and I have a big trial set for next Wednesday that will probably take us through the week. As for now, I am exhausted and I can't wait to have a relaxing weekend. Ya'll do the same!

No comments: