Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Brave Mommy





Last Friday was our first day of summer since I am now (temporarily) a stay at home mommy. I had some last minute work so I took the kids to the courthouse. Luckily, I had a few friends on standby to watch the kiddos while I got a few things filed. It went surprisingly well. Feeling impressed by the good behavior, I decided to take the kids to lunch at chick-fil-a. After lunch, we went home for naps. After naptime, I took the kids to run errands and to get Jackson a haircut. The haircut went so well that I took Jackson to the store to pic out a little treat. We went back to the house for dinner and, after dinner, I was still feeling brave. So, I took the kids to Old Navy to get us some casual summer clothes for all the lounging around the new house that I am planning on doing. Annabelle rode in the grocery cart and Jackson got his own cart to push around. Who knew they even had those carts?!? What a great idea. Nevertheless, I was quite impressed with all the things we did that day. I was worried about being shut in the house for fear of taking both kids out by myself this summer but I am definitely feeling more confident. Another positive to all the activities is that we all slept like babies Friday night. We were exhausted! Lucky for us, daddy flew in on Saturday morning to take good care of us!

No comments: