Thursday, January 28, 2010

9 month doctor visit and another snowstorm



This morning, we left for Jackson's 9 month doctor check-up and it was raining. At 10:45, these are some pictures I took at the house. It was amazing how fast this snowstorm came through. Russell picked Jackson and I up at the door at the doctor's office and snow was piled up so high on the windshield that Russell could barely see. All this happened within 90 minutes.
Anyways, the storm is just getting geared up so it looks like we will be at home for the next few days. Luckily, momma was on top of things and went to the grocery store yesterday for some snowed-in goodies!
As for the doctor appointment, let's just say that I am glad the snowstorm can take our mind off of it! Jackson did so good, as usual, and I am super happy daddy got to come to the appointment with us (thanks to the winter storm threat his appointment was cancelled). The bad part was the flu booster. The worst part was the blood draw to check for anemia and lead levels. The nurse had a really hard time hitting the vein and had to poke both arms. My mommy instincts were on overdrive and I got really frustrated. Fortunately, Russell was there so I walked out of the room and kept my mouth shut. I am sure the nurse was dong the best she could but mommy bear does NOT like someone hurting the baby bear!
For the good part, Jackson is growing like a champ. He is very long, in the 94th percentile, and he is in the 91st percentile for weight. So the stats are: 30 1/4 inches and 24 pounds and 2 ounces.
Maggie missed out on the Angel Fire snowstorms so she is getting to enjoy it now!


Our home. Snow was pretty on the slopes but I think it is even better when you are snuggled in your own home!

Hard to see, but Jackson is feeling alot better while he looks at the snow with his daddy!

No comments:

Blog Archive