Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I'm Dreaming of a White Birthday

Well, today I celebrated another year. It was definitely not one of the best. Jackson and I are in Austin this week since Russell has a busy work week. Russell told me that Lubbock got three inches of snow yesterday. I guess I would have had a white birthday. I'm not too sad about that. Afterall, I'm sure we will see snow this year.

The birthday bummer was that Jackson woke up from his afternoon nap yesterday with a runny nose. He had also been pulling on his ear that last few days which made me concerned that he might have an earache. Then, he woke up twice during the night. This morning, my mom and I took him to the doctor I'm glad he went to the doctor here in Austin for his four month check-up so we had a local doctor. Fortunately, Jackson only has a cold. Unfortunately, they had to flush out the ear wax to confirm that he did not have an ear infection. He hated it! They had a really hard time flushing out his ear and he was raging mad! I felt so bad, as all mommy's do at the doctor's office. The doctor said most children get about six colds a year the first few years so we are doing great since he is already seven months old and this is his first illness. I have been dreading the first illness so it is good to have this behind us.

This afternoon, Jackson seemed to be feeling much better so I shot this video of him in the walker. My parents have lots of tile floor space so he has much more room to practice his skills. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a much better day for both of us!

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Happy Birthday Princess! I'm sorry your little man is sick. I hope he's on the upswing though. I'll be thinking about ya'll!

Meryl & Russell McLendon said...

Happy B-day!! Sorry to hear about Jackson. CC is sick too. =( poor babies. I'm about to give you a ring!

Blog Archive